Pacing and Agency in my Life

After the Dissenting Voice Coping Mechanism I realized the Pacing and Metre is a great tool for my own life. That my sense of Agency, a feeling I can always check when I'm evaluating a circumstance, can tell me where I am in a situation - framed in Pacing.

Situations Framed in Pacing has Stage 1: Set up, Stage 2: Initial Conflict and Stage 3: Climax and Consequences.

Stage 1: Set up - has a strong desire for Agency. So strong is the desire, I feel lost without Agency. Its only when there is agency I can start dealing with my problems. The sense of agency is a Compass as it directs me to where my biggest problems can be found - because of the lack of agency i feel when I ponder that direction.

Stage 2: Initial Conflict - this is a stage I can understand when I am ready or able to deal with the Voluntary Loss of Agency. When I am willing to endure the Loss of Agency in Conflict. How I deal with the loss of Agency and how I advance through the experience determines how long I stay in Stage 2.

Stage 3: Climax and Consequences is the trickiest stage. It ends abruptly because it is not determined by how I use my limited Agency to deal with the problem and the consequences I will need to work through in another Cycle of conflict and Pacing. That Stage 2 and Stage 3 depends on my Character and that I can always try and try again, to have greater and greater Feats and Challenges.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick