To Sleep Early or Not to Sleep Early

All of it stems from the ability to sleep early. I have terrible sleep efficiency. So I need the 8-9 hours needed because I dont hit REMS that reliably. I spend a lot of effort on self control that I have very little left for real productivity.

if I want to do more in my day, the early morning of 4am is the best time. I wake up and take my time. I need to take my yogurt latte and a healthy breakfast (subway is not yet open), then I exercise first, doing uppers (dipps, push ups, and the punching bag), then I proceed to plan the day ahead with writing or blogging. I get into my documentation mode and start writing a lot and planning and reading up on things.

By around 6:30 I try to wake up Niko, getting him ready for school. Ideally niko sleeps with me as early as 7am. so he gets also 9 hours of sleep where he wakes up in a really good and productive mood.

Everything tends to be smooth saling from there. If I need to do an errand, I can head on over to where it should be and arrive there at the beginning of normal work hours - be it Divisoria, Quiapo, Laguna, or any other place. Then I'll get my business done and drive home before lunch where I can spend the rest of the afternoon in the office.

The problem with this is - I dont get to socialize with my wife OR I do it in the morning. She comes home and we would spend family time. Family time starts later and ends later, there is no rushing family time. There is also no "Pushing" family time to later so when she gets home is when we have it, It cannot be pushed to the 4am morning.

One of my problems in the afternoon is that I am loosing self control, tunneling, and getting obsessed over the wrong things. This is a viscous cycle and sometimes hording, surfing, and useless day dreaming is what happens. I play Insurgency to practice and get my fix of accomplishment but I would have gotten it if I had a more productive day.

I guess I have to talk to my wife about Pushing family time in the Early 4am morning. Trying to sleep by 7pm (because it takes 1 hour to bore my son to sleepiness).

The earlier Niko wakes up, the more likely he can take a nap at 12 noon. if he wakes up at 6am then his toddler mental capacity will reset soon as the noon time nap time for his class. If it is possible to juggle it, I can make him do his worksheets while i write (yeah right). When I write I tunnel and zone out. My words per minute of composition is rather poor so I need to get straight to the point ASAP.

The very early morning 3-4am time to reflect and think is a mark of my slower and more cumbersum intelligence. I make up with coping mechanisms and the slow but deliberate implementation of a strategy carefully planned and continously evolving as I document and update it with new information.

Niko has nightmares and would cry at night about the things we would not let him do. He would cry about the discipline we impose and the self control we need him to have. Less sleep does not help him center and resolve these, and being able to do the same stuff as me early in the morning - centering - would be a good help for him. this also serves as a reminder as he gets older as why we have these compensation methods and why he has to be early.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick