Diet and Exercise Notes

Hitting the Wall and the Videos about ATP, Glycogen, how muscles work reminds me that these should have been FUNDAMENTAL to Health Education in High school.

Ok, TL:DR the only time you burn fat is when:

  1. you've put your muscles under a lot of stress, and you've entered a different metabolic "mode" where there is that muscle pain 
  2. you've reached a point in exhaustion where alertness is severely diminished, and there is a major change in attitude - like wanting to quit. I always note how different my attitudes are when i started and when I hit this level, its so stark that there was a Physiological change. This is "The Wall"


So you're burning fat, whoopie doo...

  1. its in very small increments
  2. its worthless if you had a net calorie gain for the day. 
  3. Emotionally drained, I'm susceptible to binging. 

Best Points of Loosing Fat


  1. Sleeping. Yes, because sleeping is the only time I'm not hungry or eating. Sleeping is when my body which had a really hard work out has to rely on canabalizing fat since it can't find resources anywhere else. Strangly its the first thing in the morning where my waistline is passable, Infact I try to avoid eating until after the Airsoft photo shoot lolz when my belly is at its smallest. 
  2. Working (paper work) is the other time I can burn fat, If my mind is distracted enough and I don't eat (thats why I keep really nice water bottles since I use them alot). Coffee helps kill hunger to keep me working at almost 5-6 hours without having to eat. If I burn 62 calories passively (if i want to lose weight; based on 1500 cal a day) per hour. then in 5 hours I should target a TOTAL net meal of 300 calories.
    1. when a small cookie can be a 60-100 or my Latte a hundred because of the milk and sugar. Calories are so easy to gain. 


Without coffee Im hungry in 2 hours!!!  Calorie Input is probably 100cals from the milk and sugar. Still I have to eat and keeping a meal under 600 calories is sooo hard, although I know I should target 200 cals per meal.

So What's the Point of Exercise? 

  1. for me, its helps compensate my emotional balance because I have very poor sleeping habits. In my anecdotal observations, there is something about Exercise that is allowing me to be more under control even with diminished sleep. 
  2. Breathing - my breathing and sleeping improves because the exercise of a particular aerobic level actually improves my passive breathing and oxygenation. 
  3. Muscle Gain... thats really all it really does if I cannot control my calories. 
  4. Performance Benchmarks. Knowing some military and survival rules of thumb, a certain running performance is needed to have optimal survival changes in an emergency. 
  5. Improved Water processing. I notice I process water better and faster, a clue of how much water I end up drinking in a run. 
  6. Stress Adaptation. my mental performance is improving a bit. More alert and more aware. i guess its from adapted to being "on the run" when we are running our bodies have to be more efficient and our mind sharper as a survival mechanism. Why can't we be this way all the time, is because of the tolerances of our physiology - its at the edge of performance scale with its risks to aggravate/trigger inherent genetic faults... I will find out more about my serious genetic draw backs or limitations sooner when i push myself. 
Avoiding Starvation and Depression Mode is paramount.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick