Excited about learning more Astronomy

I've been updating my Sci-fi Notes a lot lately. it got me into detailing the background of the Sci-fi setting I'm going to write about as I work towards being able to write a Novel of 100,000 words. I think I can pull off 20,000 words probably in 3 months, then look for an editor to help me clarify what I'm trying to say.

The Novel I want to eventually start writing about is going to be my creative channel as I scale down on my gaming and other distractions. Writing is one of the few things I can do that I feel fulfilled after doing, games seem to be so transient and have such a limited audience. I guess my age is showing.

So yeah, I want to write a Novel. I was thinking eventually i was going to write some Great Filipino Historical Drama one day, but that has passed since it has such a limited market and right now studying technology and how it is shaping us and myself now is what is inspiring me right now.

I'm studying Mandarin, Android App creation using Eclipse, Python, Blender, and some basic Astrophysics for world building. I am also doing stuff at work, research and analysis and looking for opportunities for our company to grow.

The thing about learning is that it will take YEARS to be good at something and I need to keep changing topics to keep myself interested and learning. Juggling all these is hard and I lose some learning along the way, IF I can't make it a part of me and how I approach problem and solve them.

So much vivid details and visualizations keeps my morale up. When I run these are the things that allow me to reach the next kilometer when I'm so exhausted and bored. It gives me renewed energy to imagine and visualize all the things i'm going to write about. The instancing and the technology and all the cool stuff and human drama that is going to happen.

I think I'm fairly ready, I just need enough details to work with. There are only so few stars that can have exo-planets, and there are a few "arms" or Jump Routes that is feasible from Sol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick