Decision making systems are Russian dolls

Any sophisticated decision making systems like a person is made up of smaller decision making systems that have enough complexity to be interesting by their own right.

In exercise when pain and concentration mix I feel aware of my petty personalities that exist. They have their own motivations limited by their own smaller grasp of the situation. I guess it's that greater whole which lends itself foresight that align all these personalities into a single conscious form.

Self awareness being a continuous stream of multiple cognitive process able to reflect and aware of the surroundings and narrative of the situation is a pretty bleak way to look at life or sapiens.
But it is that human sentimentality that attaches value to this consciousness that allows me to see such conscious flows as beings. 

I really should research what they call this View of Reality - the conscious stream view. Its kinda macabre and to religious depressing, but for me its a way to live with death without any supernatural hullabaloo. 

You can see this more in more in my writing about SF for games. The way my "FTL Drive" IMSU (in my sci-fi universe) works by copying the ship in a mirror like effect of teleportations. A copy is made, distinct from the original, but we don't "feel" death because we have one continuous stream of consciousness and the original does not "feel" death because they don't get destroyed in a fantastic manner but just cease to exist. It just shows how much the limitations perception is the limitations of our consciousness and our Imagination allows us to bridge that limitation Kinda-a. 

Us cognition unravel, it does not because any more complex, but it allows me to "hack" at it and create ways for me to build myself up and improve myself. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick