Exercise Progress

I'm trying to build up my running, with the goal of being able to endure 15kph (Move-8 in gurps) for about 3 hours. The method I want to achieve is through sprinting most of the time and walking.

So far I can do 3mi or 4.8 in 30 minutes. I have to more than double that. I have to ideally be able to do in 30 minutes of exercise 8km or 5mi consistently every other day. Then from there build up my core by running with a kit moviing from 5lbs to 16lbs.

What I learned that it takes bone strength be able to run, so it has a strong element of strength in the task. You may have the endurance and will, but more often you will damage your own legs and ruin the pace of exercise with an extended rest.

being 34 doesnt help, bones are weaker from a life behind the desk and joints are more calcified. It will take time and conditioning to build it up. Probably 2 years of faithful and devoted running. Then after the 2 years probably raise the kit weight. I'll be 38 or 40 by the time I can run this way, but a healthy 40 if I achieve such.

It will also do wonders to my airsoft performance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick