I get sick when I get Tired; A mental model of health

I track my level of fatigue. I realize that when I'm tired I have low self control and can not think through consequences as farther reaching. I also note the correlation of me being tired and getting sick. This has made be biased in a way that I think my energy levels is my health.

My mental model of health or in the ORGS, my Constitution, is like a battery that keeps charging. As similes go,  its like a Lipoly Battery when the energy levels are low: there is a chance to take damage, in my case get sick.

I've observed and hypothesis that the reason one gets sick because of Rain, Sweat, the Cold etc... is the stress and energy involuntarily expended because of the changing conditions. The body uses its natural metabolic activities to regulate temperature and conditions, each change takes energy. Extremes take a lot of energy to adapt to.

One important element in the thesis is that we are not aware of the tiny changes of our energy levels and cannot remember every moment of change. If there was a way to track energy levels and these stressfull conditions, that would prove my thesis.

That is why I avoid getting energy levels dangerously low, that includes overcompensating in exercise. I have not time to exercise except for the physical exertion that occurs in my day. I get winded in the flight of stairs in the office, and the walk there from the house. Knowing I can't bring my energy levels too low, I really have to gradually exercise and build up my endurance. There is no going extremes early, there is also the natural weakening of my bones because of my sedentary lifestyle.

These days Im able to better stop from getting sick, the problem is that my son is now weened off and I have to make milk at around 4am. So my poor breathing which gives me a poor sleep, is compounded by the stress of waking up and making milk.
i have narrow passages and I have to sleep sitting up to prevent the blood from tightening my nasal passages. I have to take anti-histamines to prevent the old sheets from causing blockage. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick