Yikes and Attention

My post about My Ideas about the Future of Gaming has gotten the Highest rating I have ever had, a +3. That's a big deal for me. First surprise was Jay Dugger liked it enough to plug it. Then there is also the fact Nyranth plugged my post! Mr. Atomic Rocket himself. 

Its a long post so i'm surprised people liked it. Its not giving me ideas about writing as a living, I know very well that my real life work problems and challenges are the inspiration of my writing. So much am I inspired by frustration that I want a Personal Assistant to help me record and develop all my ideas for my own personal wiki. I want to formularize and process all that input and make a learning tool, for the people part of my team. 

Its kinda dangerous amount of information, its all these tricks and techniques I've accumulated but I know I forget as much as I learn everyday THAT I don't take time to document it, drill it in mentally, and further improve on it. Again like my blog post, RPGs are my method of drilling and making automatic a preprogrammed set of systemic responses to difficult circumstances. 

Imagine a person who is slow-witted, but has a good memory. He does not fare well in improvisation, you would think, but surprisingly he does because memory helped him motivate himself to condition an automatic response in a situation. He is not thinking, but reacting in an optimized pre-programmed way. Sure he can't really take advantage of opportunities that fall in his lap, everyone fail to see opportunities everyday, but at least slowly he gets to seize it. He gets to seize more and more, and the reward mechanisms even further fuel that conditioned response. 

Intelligence CAN be manufactured, we can create interesting and complex neurological connections that mimic natural/genetic mental advantages. You can hack your brain to perform like smarter people. Its determinism, but if your ahead of the curve you are still able to exploit the system before it catches up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick