Taking command and acting more like a boss

Taking command and acting like a boss. Because normally people do what i say because of my positions but not when i exert my authority.
My moms situation is putting me in situations where i have draw my authority, in a polite way. I act in the strategy and methods of my mother, which is why people love doing buisness with her. It is soft power, but i learned to add more mettle into it because of our coo. The reason he is compulsive in analysis, calculation and theoreticals is that haunting experience of being blind sided. I understand that, as a woman you can pull out thebig guns with situations which can make a man look heartless and evil, as a man you are allowed to be a little ruthless because men have little to fall back to.
Threats make people defensive, and you cannot wash it out with diplomacy that easily especially when emotions are clearly running high.
I was surprised by the desperation in the voice. Making one client pay for all other expenses was strange. Even when our current margin with this client is very profitable, i'm sure the client knew that and being strong armed for more would breed detesment.
In the end the client said things my wife has taught me about how businesses work: "we dont care about your costs, this is the price we are willing to give." it was a near disaster, a disaster i had to avert by speaking up and shouting over the others voice, because he was shouting. I have to be in the negotiations this time... i have to be in all the negotiations.
If something is profitable its up to me to maximize the profits, not the clients. I do that by adding volume, getting more clients. I cannot ignore market forcess, all i can do is delay and nudge a little for optimization. You can only squeeze out of some one or a group so much, and i've found how to know the limits of people and how to recharge these because i see how it works in myself and have tried to remember all my observations.
So i have to act more like a boss, amd i have to be in more of the deals, dealing with the equally powerful partners and clients. Its still me, that near-do-well in high school, but there is something about the realworld that makes me more resourceful than in the environment of school... As resourcefull as i am in an rpg.
Now rpgs and learning should be left in some other discussion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick