Not smart enough

Not smart enough

I am a very late bloomer. That is something that made my childhood difficult. Im ok now and i did find my talents but it was very difficult given my genetic and social dispostion. I repeated grade two, i had trouble reading even till high school, i could not write without making mistakes almost every other word.

As i look at my son, and consider the progression of his mental development i see all the suffering, difficulty, frustration and misunderstanding that lies before him. How my parents could not understand me, and how that might manifest in a much greater factor or in a much more unpredictable manner in him.

I need to understand him, to communicate even when he cant seem to learn to do so.

I might be making mountains out of mole hills, but it has crossed my mind how difficult and misguided i was. If he takes after me, who takes after my mother, i hope i will have a greater amount of patience and coping skill that my mother had with me when i was younger. I hope that strange and sentimental memory of mine would be of real use and help me with my own child, and finally become baggage worth carrying after all these years.

I hope i find the key in communicating and unlocking my sons potential, so that he doesnt grow with the insecurities i had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick