Too much to write and too little time

I've gotten to like writing, too bad I don't get paid for it. Still, even if I'm not a professional it's nice to know I can't be scorned for my terrible grammar and spelling.

Anyway, I've gotten so many articles for myself to write and too little time. My wife and I sleep roughly 1:30am everyday because of surfing, blogging, and participating in online forums. Yikes, talk about black hole of time. At least I feel fairly more productive than playing computer, since I have something to show for and not just a high score. Interestingly, sometimes... some very rare times (I think) I hit the spot :P

Anyway, I've brought my Trolling home to the Philippines. I'm testing how "free-thinking" free thinkers are in the Philippine secularist forum. I'm just curious and a bit skeptical if they are really as interested in challenging pre-conceived notions as the tenants of the secularism requires. Notice, how skeptical a secularist has to be with their own crowd. Thats how it should be, Intellectual Vigilance.

I notice in my own learning process, and in my observation of others, that patterns we form in our understanding are never really challenged except in practice. As we practice something, our understanding gets refined, and we choose to forget errors, except keeping rudimentary mental notes on the errors- and some times recording the emotional bandwidth that came with the experience. As we refine patterns, we use "anchoring" (predictably irrational again) and subconsciously use the most dominant patterns in making sense of our general rational. The thing intellectual vigiance is that, those patterns will always its flaws because we have such great limits in our Point of Views. Constantly challenging our own preconscieved notions allows us more data to further refine the pattern that is the basis of our judgement.

Strangly this does lead to intelligence in my opinion, because since the brain is a pattern analysis tool only our experiences limit our ability to incorporate certain pattern structures.

Anyway in other news, my wife is bitching in her blog that I don't play the wii with her. Well, i'm kinda bored with the current games on the wii. We get home really late, 8ish and are sucked into the web for our data cravings. I'm trying to get those urges organized, right now.

I have, to date, 12 articles I want to write and research about. If I spend 2hours researching and 2 hours writing (working towards 1 and 1), I could probably do that in 6-8 weeks. Considering my writing impulses, that may be 2 more weeks.

So much to do, and always hungry :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick