More work... Less play

I've become really too busy for play... Except my airsoft because i can throw money at the pro el. Gaming and game prep is very time consuming. Because it is an arcane way of enjoying myself I have to be the one to do everything.

So I've collected a ton of reading material. Other than the aspects of business that relates to my hobby, I've now hit business expertise that are very distant and a less related. Right now I am brushing up on the history Business Process Outsourcing. At work I'm learning more about IT, it's structure and processes as well a bit of HR. I'm taking a crash course in processes as well as negotiation. Also I'm learning to be able to phrase or frame all my actions in a report.

Everything has to have s report. That's the skill and mindset that was alien to our company but infused by our new COO. As a skeptic and a pragmatist, I fully see the value if this. Actually almost all my cognitive studies support this kind of cold rationale when making key decisions.
I do admit they are also cumbersome, where does one find the time to do a report. I was just working about 10-20 hours a day just last week. I probably pulled about more than 60 hours. The most work I have ever done in day at my job, if you ask me about how much prep I used to do for games plus my work load my answer would be at that number.

I would also note that I was also giving the baby a bath and helping out in the house cause we don't have a full-time maid or nanny.

I do feel being ore indifferent about RPGs. What got me really working hard was the morale and the need for me. Back then I was nothing, now I happen to be a important. Important not because I sign stuff as the son of the owners and member of the board, but Important in the way it is a crucial matter and they need me because they trust me, despite not having a clue what I'm doing.

I keep telling gaspar is that half of the battle is just showing up. Gaspar works with me now, he is roughly at where I was 3 years ago. I know he has a long way to go, but he'll get three eventually. Anyway I'm here to share my notes and give him info in gaming Analogies. It's hard work and we are learning. There is so much to write about and this blog is my little reporting and essay tool.

The plan is I read and I report what I read on this blog and apply it ASAP.

Anyway the baby needs coddling, gotta go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick