Remembering Hell

Hell was when my projects were stuck in limbo because my boss would not conform to their written requirements. You couldn't even bring up that breach because you are a subordinate. I was not the only person demoralized, we suffered huge amounts of resignations from our sales and others.

looking back at Hell, I realized how much easier I have it now and how much I would fight to keep things that way. I was supposed to go to a meeting with our delinquent company. My dad and my new boss were going to play good cop and bad cop... well according to my mother it was good cop and bad cop.

to me it was not good cop and bad cop. Dad was just one more person to make sure things were objective. My new boss is just as professional as those strict professors. He does meet people half way, I've been to the meetings and I saw all the chances they got. And the chances they got were as easy as any student would get. I've seen harsher, by my previous bosses.

So when they say good cop and bad cop, it may be because we are dealing with crooks.

Stealing from the Company. My previous background rendered me unable to understand why people would try to take advantage of someone, without making things black and white. In game theory it makes sense, I do admit that I come from a pleasant family background compared to many others, so I have enough resources to risk being taken advantage off then.

So we got the runt of the litter. People over paid and under performing. That happens, this is real life after all. Interestingly, I begin to notice that people who don't ask for so much are much more valuable. They are undervalued, but they are more easily indebted when you give them a chance/favor they cannot return.

Mastery of competence and difficulty is something more accessible to me these days. So I'm less afraid of such hurdles, and rather would want to invest in the loyalty and the opportunity to cultivate an asset. Assets you cultivate are much cheaper economically, and allow me to max out my social norms.

So Money is not everything, being a Good person is an asset in itself.
This brings in the difference of people who, in filipino "Mukang Pera" (Only cares about money; literaly transalted as Looks like money). I guess I'm looking for people who also value social norms, as I value them as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick