Pocket Book Idea

This Idea comes from my own habits and needs. I don't want to fall into as many mental traps as before, so I learn more and more about Fallacies and Cognitive Biases. Its come to a point that I carry print outs around and when I catch myself with the intuition that there is something wrong with the line of reasoning, but i can't find the name and exact definition I need.

So Why not make a Pocket Book of Fallacies and Cognitive Biases. I was looking for one online and I've struck out. I'd rather someone else make it, and I'm happy to fork the cash for one but it seems like something no one is enthusiastic about. I know it can be annoying, but for someone who wants improve themselves I think it is an awesome Self examination and Reflection Tool.

I always second guess my self and its come very handy in keeping irrationalities in check, what more the augmented memory of the information written down. Its as much an EQ tool as much as an reasoning aid, because I think it will be more often used in reflection. It also really helps when dealing with legal documents, reports, and articles.

the second use of the pocket book, (other than reflection and self examination), is Intellectual Defense. Its harder to fast talk someone who can stop to think and conveniently call on all the fallacies and cognitive biases. The book itself is like a "holy book" keeping the demons of deception, bullshit and misinformation at bay long enough to get one's head on straight.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick