My Boy's Nose

My wife and OB saw my Boy's nose in the Ultrasound and it is big like her's and her father. I can't help but admit it makes me love my wife and my boy more. Having sleep apnea, I hope my boy doesn't end up having my respiratory problem.

I kept waking up again, I'm not sure if its breathing related. My back was really warm, I wear my very old Jacket, the one my dad bought me when I was fresh out of high school, to bed. It keeps my back warm, since my lungs are easily chilled from my back.

New Conceptual Selling. Nothing really new to people who want honest and more open communication. It is really more new to anyone who's been conditioned to look at potential clients as prey.

Reciprocation is its most general meaning is the fundamental underlying principle in communication and socialization. You can say communication begins when you can can reciprocate any stimuli or action.

I've been reading up on Confucianism, one of the OLDEST schools of Reciprocationism, dating back to 700-400BCE. The cognitive lectured dealt with the matter, and of course JDM science and Game Theory emphasized on its importance in subject matters like Information Symmetry, Signaling and Scanning, and of course Empathy.

Nothing really new, but of course I'm reading it in mind in how it takes my understanding of communication and builds one tailored for the sales person.

I'm not one to want to train people to be good SALES people, but I'd rather people be trained to be GOOD people. Sales person is incentivised to MAKE a sale... which is one of the things that conflict in their judgment calls. in NCS (new conceptual selling) listening and reciprocation is key... so instead of reading the books and learning what is important, I'd rather take the approach and focus on character building to faster to the heart of the matter.

Aligning incentives to follow more of the Moral and Ethical being society idealizes for its members does not make for great sales people. Sales taints the job, by keeping awareness of the problem so short sightedly to the Sale. I'd rather call them some sort of Empathic Problem Solvers. People who are trained to see the positive side of their client, and draw from the blind/shortsighted altruistic instincts to Listen and Empathize, but augmented or helped along by some far ranged self interest to create a economically beneficial relationship.

The conceptual change I had in mind is not to look at a SALE, but each Connection and Relationship as something that has long term gains... which they really are in terms of Contacts, positive comments and approval, as well as Allies when their expertise can help in the gaps of company services or products.

Real problems. Some problems which will give me a really hard time is that the reason for our Sales Force attrition is something I already have a strong feeling I'm already intimately aware off. Again, its family related and something I can't really go into deeply. Suffice to say, when I confirm it, I'll be just as powerless as the MANY OTHERS who came before me... even if I am family.

There are problems that can't be fixed so easily and there are no current assets or tools available to fix it. I am Picky about the Problems I solve, I've faced very strongly opinionated people who will never bend to empirical evidence or strong persuasive proof. Heck my parents forget I'm an Atheist and know about my blog... this blog.

I'm a product of their Altruism, compassion, strong sense of justice, and many regrets of being fooled and naive. The by product is a humanist who won't take any BS... and will readily attack any intellectual problem many would otherwise shy from. It is strange that this is what they wanted, but the bullshiters who influence them have a stronger grasp of their influence that me. Ironic and i guess appropriate given what I've seen of the world.

It goes back to that argument in the US, where the whole neighborhood could hear me shouting at them to get off my brother's back. My mom would say I was "crazy" when I would argue they were making his life harder and my father would get angry at the "disrespect".

If I respected them would I tell them the Truth I believed, or just lie to them and tell them everything they wanted to hear?

I was talking to my wife, my boy's mom, about how I really need her skirt to hide under when I face these coming problems. I can appear as brave as I have to be, as long as I can run back to my wife, see my boy and remind myself why I'm jumping into this lion's den. I think I can take more crap when I have my family, there accepting me in the way my parents didn't. I may not have a god to pray to, but I have loved ones who really communicate and love me and accept me.

I wish my parents would learn to accept me (and my brothers). I'm glad I learned that lesson early so my children will not have to go through the same guilt and emotional baggage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick