Maturity and Evidence

The personal Bias, the self centered idea that the universe is "designed" is disgusting for me. As I find narcissistic, self serving nature that reached boundaries of delusion and becomes a barrier for a more long range self interest (altruism).

Interestingly, I'm able to make more and more accurate and exacting observation of my own behavior because I write my thoughts down and I am able to note the frequency of my own irrationalities.

I guess thats why in Professor Hinshaws's lecture developing a personal narrative is not only essential for growth, but also for humanization. I guess I have to give my mother some credit for encouraging me to write, when I do realize now that I did write crap... but the perceived truth she believed was important in giving me intermediary goals to draw me out and try some more.

I think when my kid is born, I'll be just as encouraging but I would have the ability, which many people past their 20s learn (according to the lecture) to frame things more positively. Age makes us weaker, but we grow realistic about our abilities at the same time we learn to frame facts/truths positively. An interesting coping mechanism born out of mortality and a fully matured self control (neurologically speaking).

Its sad to think that kids are basically selfish psychopaths when looked with context less objectivity. I mean, they need to be because they are so fragile at the same time as they grow more independent thats when they are able to place their goals outside themselves... is that Irony? (can't tell anymore).

I had that thought to consider psychopaths subhuman... of course then children fall under that general category according to the cognition lecture... so is a mature adult mind, incapable of empathy and incredibly self centered to the point of delusion and capable of premeditated deviance and atrocities...still human???

the Psychologist and the Criminologists are at opposite ends of this debate and the truth... or what counts for a useful fact that will help will be somewhere in the middle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick