Playing the Role a Step closer

I remember when i first got into airsoft and saw the pics of myself in gear. It was the first time this Role-playing gamer saw himself almost playing his favorite role. I was so thrilled I used the pic as a desktop background for a while.

Seeing a friend get that same high, got me thinking again how it all began and why. I feel like how I felt like almost 6 years ago: working out and kicking ass. I was playing soccer with Thomas and we were kicking ass, but there was all these complications in getting a field.

I mean, we were willing to pay but there the only places to play soccer were exclusive groups. It frustrated me, especially since I didn't come from any particular "special" group that made me more special than anyone else. I still remember that time I was in ateneo playing when I saw all these wealthy alumni fathers who were playing and their tricked out cars, one was a mazarati.

To be told, you can't play cause your not some blue blood. Fuck that!

Here in airsoft, its different. Its my level and my kind of people. When China came up with their own guns cutting the price to 80-10% and all the other costs down, thats when my kind of people could afford it.

I can kick ass with a 4,000 peso gun. I hate it when people in Filairsoft forums complain at the "kind" of people getting into the hobby. I mean, I was those kind of people. Back at the 90s you know who could afford 20,000-50,000 peso guns and all the equipment that went with it? Sons of Generals, wealthy landed families, people who came from named dynasties, etc. Those were the kind of people that made up the community.

Now its my kind of people, and all kinds of people who are part of the hobby. There are good and bad, but now at its costs more good people can afford it and there is more of them to play with.

Its a chance for guys like me and my friends to feel like kicking ass. Not just applying our mind and abilities with the luxury of time and all sorts of things that can go wrong. Decisive Judgement, something those of us who are not as book smart can do better.

I'm so happy about how in airsoft people are willing to let you play in that area for a fee, instead of some special invitation. I know there are a lot of jerks out there, but beating a cheater is own reward. Thinking about it, our tactics developed to max-out certainty and minimize risk.

There are still those Elitist ass-wipes out there. Wipping the floor with them and catching them with their decked out equipment with their pants down is pretty rewarding. They may not admit to getting hit, but you can make them hurt just enough for them to know who really kicked their ass. Knowing better, you of course have a retreat planned so that he can use his cheating to get at you (dead man shooting and addmiting only when he got the guy who got him first).

I think I should call that Deadman's Revenge. Deadman's revenge is when a hit opponent uses your temporary exposed position to hit you back. 50% of the time they admit hit only AFTER. The only way to avoid this is better firing discipline: displace after shooting - don't tunnel. Don't let the cheater egg you on, learn the discipline and be the better man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick