I'm Back on Track




Diet-wise I've struggled to get this. I'm about 168 and just before bed. This means I'll be about 2lbs lighter from the water loss. This weight has stuck for a week, since the caffeine withdrawal. A good sign is that I'm waking up earlier and sleeping earlier. After the airsoft game and the generous sweating I was at 165.

Target weight is roughly 160 where I lose the gut my man-purse accentuates with its strap across my torso.

Only had about 2-3hours sleep. I've checked up night time allergy, but there doesn't seem to be any good sources on my initial search. Strangely the allergy i get before bed sometimes doesn't happen or happens while I sleep, which wakes me up. I'm trying to keep track of it, and today was one of those nights where i decided not to preemptively take benedryl before bed.

Dreams. I feel fine despite the few hours sleep. My hypothesis is that sleep is only needed for recouping mental reserve lost in tasks of concentration, learning and processing new experiences. For my game research, people can survive without sleep... assuming if psychological stress doesn't wear them out or they don't mind dumping valuable experiences. I've read about how the body consumes the same amount of
calories awake and relaxed. I assume the same metabolics occur awake or asleep as long as the body is relaxed.

So a kid still grows those inches awake or asleep, unless the time he is awake stresses him out and compromises his body functions. People heal the same way either state, as long as the physical is at same relaxed position.

I'm not going all Inception. I've always had this notion after the lecture about the Body, Mind, Consciousness and Thinking Machines. Dreaming is a skill that allows people to min-max their subconscious. I think there is a way to use dreaming as a way to resolve issues and sculpt irrationalities into something more productive, and enhance memory.

When I study and there is sufficient reciprocation (IOW flow) I like to dream about what i'm studying. In some dreams I rattle off all the little bits of key words and ideas. Some dreams are like a giant 3d chalk board where I sometimes work out some fun puzzles.

Cramps. The Wife has been suffering the affects of being unable to draw from other vitamins other than what she eats and takes for the pregnancy. She woke up to cramps and couldn't sleep... waking me up also... where I realized I can't go back to sleep because of my allergies.

Her sensitive preganancy requires her to lie down and not walk around as much as possible. So I can understand how her muscles and her entire metabolism is kinda off track because of the little parasite.

WWII reenactment.
I was part today of a Philippine WWII re-enacting event. Or what I would call Grown Ups Cos-play. Someone me and my captain WWII uniforms. It was an very interesting experience. It was also hot and I was sweating so much, i must have poured out a cup of water just getting into the uniform.


Cap told me to look fierce, I'm a German after all. Imagine running around in that. The helmet weight about 3lbs. About 2mm thick on the edges probably thicker where it counts.

The uniform is pretty expensive, it costs around 5-6k for a set. I'm not even sure how much the web gear costs. They have it ordered in India. A surprise when i realized the web gear is worn above the navel.







This was after a pretty swell game. Got two kills and we won. Cap doesn't like having pix of him with his face online and the ruskie is Bob or spiel-Meister our GM.






wow the color is so clear in this one.









































My new favorite salad.
Its basically crispy bacon tarted up with some mustard and your own spice profile; then poured over your favorite salad greens, tomatoes (sour element), and grapes (sweet element); and topped with Poach eggs! Sodium and Crisp from the bacon, tart from the mustard, oil and egg for the fatty goodness and sweat and sour to cut that decadence.

Poached eggs really are better when their fresh. its a big difference when I got a batch 4-5 weeks before expiration and 2 weeks from expiration. One is a mess the other can be seen below visibly firm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick