Experiment: Curry Oatmeal

It makes sense in a wierd way. I need fiber and to reduce my fat and instead of rice or bread, why not oatmeal. A curry porridge is only natural given the preference for indian thick curry paste dishes.

Congee (or rice poridge) + Curry dish.
Instead of making my starch rice or bread, I chose oatmeal

this kind of dish is very modern given that oats isn't exactly an indian staple. My wife's love of congee and of course the very strong similarities made me wonder, why not just use oatmeal.


Anyway:
step 1: Mixed frozen Vegetables
step 2: Aromatics browned in butter or oil (onions, ginger, and spices)
step 3: Curry paste, sauce or mix
step 4: Oatmeal
step 5: Egg

taste: Ok and less guilty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick