Khan Academy

I wish I had this growing up. Math took a back seat to Theology, Latin and Catechism growing up. I can understand why very very few people will have the patience to teach math to an individual's own mental peculiarities. I feel very much the same way as Salman when he related about how he liked learning things. For me, gaming was a tool for understanding because it framed things more interestingly, it is only in my 30s did I learn to frame almost anything to be interesting for me and I wish I could have learn the techniques earlier.

Lately I'm finishing up my economics lessons and plan to move to lessons on mandarin and Chinese history and culture. This is what I plan to learn while idle and nothing else to do but listen to my mp3 player. This has the longest to pay off but one of the most certain to.

Actively I will be learning more of 3d production and graphics for work and job security. It will be kind of fun because I always have past childish imaginations to reconstruct in 3d.

For recreation I plan to experiment with Microexpression Detection, BATNA (best alternative to negotiated agreements), and apply my game theory and critical decision making during RPGs.

Again the First truth of Confucius keeps ringing true. This excerpt comes to mind as well.
'At fifteen, I had my mind bent on learning.
'At thirty, I stood firm.
'At forty, I had no doubts.
'At fifty, I knew the decrees of Heaven.
'At sixty, my ear was an obedient organ for the reception of truth.
'At seventy, I could follow what my heart desired,
without transgressing what was right.'
- Confucius



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick