My own Intollerance

beware of Greeks bearing Gifts.
beware of those quick to dehumanize opponents

I'm guilty of dehumanizing Psychopaths. I don't consider them human, particularly when they are pretty hard wired to get what they want at all costs.

Although after reading the Greatest Show on Earth by Dawkins, I don't exactly define humans in the same way as I used to. If everything is a mutation, then naming convention is just a way to track a set of "normally" occurring traits or mutations.

When you realize psychopaths are neurologically different yet functional, you have something that acts in many ways human but is capable of great destruction and cannot be rehabilitated. Its like someone turning into the Undead in a horror movie: they may act human but they are not and they want something from you.

So I don't consider Psychopaths Human. Does voluntarily discriminating against a psychopaths unlawful? Bias in race and gender I can understand and of course I don't condone. Even when you compare it to a reformed criminal, how much trust and attention can you allocate when you have a psychopath in your midst?

A mentally handicapped person can be disqualified if they are incapable of doing the work they applied for. Can I disqualify a Psychopath, on the grounds that they are freaking dangerous?

Anyway just some contemplations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick