Confused and Too many thoughts on my plate

I'm studying up on Philosophy of Science. Basically it is trying to define science in order to differentiate it from pseudo sciences and looking for a true method in scientific studies. Its really hard to follow and I can't keep up with the names: Kuhn, Logical Positivism, Popper, Firerobin, etc... I get what its saying and I understand the value of all the big problems.

Thankfully I've come from a strategic background. in the economy of attention, it is best to go with what has worked best within our limited rational boundaries: the Pragmatic Philosophy. Pragmatic Philo is basically: go with what works. Of course, once you're familiar with the other Philos, you have more effective grasp of knowing the limitations and strengths of one problem solving method over another so as to allow you to "switch" to what suits the situation best.

I feel like its a very round about way of going back to my personal philo that has rather simple principle governing it, namely adapt. If Natural Selection Favors RANDOMLY generated mutations that works, then I guess that process of induction works for me.

Military Puzzles. The byzantine empire at 6C had about 35Million inhabitance before justinian reconquered all that there was to conquer in his reign. So thats a big puzzle for me: How do I prep Levant and Asia Minor to be the center of my altered history campaign setting when because there are so many wars populations went down progressively since the 4C.

Levant aka Palestine, Jordan and Syria have a total population of 5 million during the 4C going down the 2 is pretty depressing. Constant war drained the population of Asia Minor from 12M to 8 from 6C to 10C.

Anyway a lot of hand waving and a lot of speculation and going nowhere mostly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick