Installed Ubuntu, Lasik, Movies,

Switched back to Ubuntu. My windows got really bogged down by viruses. I got kicked out of a couple of forums because my IP was sending spam. What clinched it for me was when it took 12 minutes to copy 300 megs to a flash disk.

So I got off my ass and installed my second OS. I have reinstall everything again, but Its better this way. Less distractions, I won't be playing as much mount and blade.

Lasik. Did I mention that I had corrective laser eye surgery yesterday (monday)? Went to Asian Eye today for the follow up check up.

The experience. They gave me only half a pill, I wish they gave me more. There qA no physical pain, unless you count strong glares and strobing light as physical.

They used a sticker to hold down my eye lids. During the course of the operation my involuntary muscles began to hurt because of the resistance of the sticker. So every time I would normally blink, my occipital muscles were held back and were cramping.

Obviously my cornea and pupil were numbed, I felt no physical pain during the course of the operation. Though the sensation of pressure and vibrations made the rest of my body tighten up and writhe.

They had a neat little guillotine-like object that sucked at my cornea and cut it clean off. Then It seemed the doctor began to peel it back. He would brush my pupil now and then.

The laser that carved the lense-like layer beneath my cornea took only a few seconds. It burned, as my brother narrated to me a month earlier, leaving an odd smell in the air. The sensation did not last long, because it was the repairs that took up the most time.

During the whole procedure I had to stare at a small blinking light that was accompanied by stronger lamps lit up now and then. When the doctor was working on my eye, vision morphed and shifted. It was blurry as it normally was, then dark (when they sucked on my eye and cut out the cornea), very blury but richly colored, then for a while, large flashing bursts of color.

Comparing it to the treatment that was reinforcing my retina walls. Where the laser was so strong and bright I could see it even when it was not coming through my pupils. Even the bright glaring tests were "painful" as the intense light projected the walls of my eyes on to my optical nerve. I could see the inside of my own eye.

This operation was less painful and much quicker. The other operation had to "stitch" my eyes which was so painful a broke my watch as I cringed and wrung my hands.

Anyway, back to the lasik operation. the pain and the feeling of violation as someone brushed and prodded with a needle at my numb cornea was painful but not in a physical sense I can easily describe.

Thankfully my wife was waiting for me when I got out.

My vision would blur now and then. I could see, sometimes, as clear as when I had my glasses. I slept and tried not to let my vision intensive habits occupy me.

There was 3 day of eye rest which assumed that I can't work, 1 week further rest from activity, and one month before swimming and exercising. 3 months till normalization. This is good till I'm 40, where anyone will suffer diminished near sightedness.

Now I can fit into the new helmet I bought for Airsoft, unfortunately I can't play till march.

The man from earth. Good movie, and not just because I'm an Atheist or Science fanboy. It makes one really think. Makes me want to believe someone like that exists. I highly recommend it.

Life of Brian. I'm to conditioned by modern comedy to appreciate this.

The Invention of Lying. I wish it could be better. It isn't that good or funny. I found it interesting, particularly the pure-honest interactions.

Fantastic Mr Fox. Watch it in 3d. Its ok to me, but when I realized that it was supposed to be 3d it made perfect sense why the shots were in that way. I'm very indifferent about movies these days, but I still have to say I found it fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick