Extremism and Moral Right

Abortion.

I'm particularly neutral about abortion. I've grown up with the arguments against it, but I've only recently learned the arguments for it later in life. This latest abortion-related incident kinda highlights the stark contrast of those against it and further fuels introspection to why are we against it.

I know there are many medical reasons why an abortion may be necessary. Having understood the historical death rate of pregnancy which anyone can can see in literature (where it is typical they throw the life of the mother away and motherless character growing up). I'm disinclined to view the anti-abortion as an absolute. If I had to choose between my wife and the baby, the baby is just a clump of cells compared to my wife. I'm sorry If I may sound a bit detached or immoral, but a unformed mind and soul cannot compare to the mother who is better equipped than me in raising such a child.

Given my view of abortion when it comes to my situation, the man who was murdered in the article is quite a character to withstand an Ignorant and un-empathic group of zealots who have never questioned why this man does it and assumes he is Purely-Evil. An interesting assumption, given that in Christian Doctrine one is supposed to assume people are Good, unless proven otherwise. Even if the Act maybe morally Evil in Christian POV, Dialog would have easily revealed the man's arguments and provoked some serious thought as to why he does it.

To put it simply. The guy has a reason to do what he does. Why Start with a Violent reaction in context of what he is doing. Why not ask why he does it and explain and really try to find answers in it. His reasons may shed a lot out doubt about one's faith- Good In my opion. Start thinking seriously why this guy does it, because if he happens to be ethical and moral and a productive member of society despite what he does, there must be a reason it may make sense. Even a serial killer can make sense to an open mind, why not try to understand someone who treds in a moral counterpoint?

Another aspect of the Abortion element is that it is none of my business. I'm not in the life changing circumstance and I have no right to opine what would be the best course of action. If abortion is or isn't the answer, its none of my business. In the same circumstance If it was My decision to make, I hope to have the freedome to do what I feel is right. If an abortion will save my wife, the Church can go to Hell with their condemnation. A condemnation that is pretty easy to make when it is not their own life and future happiness at stake.

I hate very much people who have "Moral" authority over what I do with my life and who think they know more what is best for me than me. I particularly feel that the people who deserve to get murdered are those people- but ironically what I feel and what I know is right are often be two different things, which interestinglly is the stark difference between me and the moral bigots.

Airsoft Pics



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick