Cesorship, Theism in Science, and Spirituality in Rationality

the one on the top is talking about what Discov. Institue's censorship. The one on the bottom one that I've uploaded into blogger is the said video. It may be deceptive to think that this is a small matter but misinformation grows like a virus. Sanitation and Vigilance is important to prevent its spread. I don't think my country is ever going to be ready for this kind of debate but one can only hope.

My grandfather would have been both proud and disgusted. Proud that I take science as seriously as he did, which was very odd for a man of his generation and era, but disgusted at the secularist point of view I have because of the same virtues he taught me. Life tends to throw the sh*t with the candy.

edit: got this from pharyngula.




spirituality in secularism. there seems to be a assumption that secularism doesn't provide the hope, comfort and insight that religion "offered". I'm sure that many people on the fence about their religion think that and it is one of the reasons why they are still on the fence. The fear that there is no hope in the other side is a powerful detractor.

Well, I will stop myself from going into a long discussion about hope. Suffice to say, I still feel hope, and feel comfort that I do what I believe is right even when I'm only acting on the information I posses. Knowing how people will always tend to fall in the error of simplifying what is complex, that little sad truth is actually a comfort because I can only answer my own doubts with that simple reflection: "Is this the best I can do with the given information?".

Secularist Faith is, I guess, about working on the best information you can access despite still knowing you can be wrong, just hoping that you are right, and the willingness to confront and admit your mistakes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick