Power and The Inability to Delegate

Delegating is complicated. It is also a voluntary act of reducing one's own power. When you give someone the authority to act on their own they may screw up, or worse do their job exceedingly well. People screwing up with serious responsibility rarely happens. Its not like school, this is a job and things are serious enough that people rarely screw up. If they do screw up, its certain an aspect of experience and process than character. If it IS character then they should have never gotten the job in the first place.

The problem lies mostly when there is a very low ceiling in a company. My family business suffered a lot from the piracy of trained personnel. The combination of a low ceiling, feeding your competitors an advantage, and ignoring the problem for this long is pretty much what I have to live with quietly and without comment.

I have no right to comment, although I've done my share to improve the "feedback" processes as in guerrilla warfare fashion: moving in and out of my parent's protection while striking indirectly and key points. I have to say that their bias has their uses, but without them I wouldn't have to be doing this kind of action in the first place. Again, I'm facing the common aspects of changing a system that the people who profit from it are very happy the way things are.

To anyone who is experiencing the same, change meets with repurcussions and typically negative. gradual change is more subtle and less likely to provoke a direct retaliation. The problem is having to measure your progress. If I follow my organizational insticts, one sure way of measuring success, despite how limited it is, is through one's own self analysis. Confidence, Manner of movement, Certainty, as well as web structural understanding is a symptom of growing effectiveness- If one is taking a probing and adaptive approach to the problem.

I hate how entrepreneurship, is slowly beginning to feel more like an idealized vision more than a reality. Patience can be worn down, frustration can raise up internal barriers that were once held low, and closing windows of opportunity affects my strategy, narrowing progressively my options, and pushing me for a strategy that will use my head as a hammer against a brick wall.

Honorverse. I've been reading up on Honor Harrington of David Webbers' Honorverse. I admit that I feel a little snobish about how my own secularist gamer mindset puts the elements of the story into a much different perspective. I slowly dismantle heroes in my head these days, making them more human but keeping their abilities into a clearer perspective relative to the legend they tend to be in stories.

Thanks to Google Translation I made a comment on a russian honorverse fan site. its just wierd and how sci-fi it is for me to click on something that will allow me to translate, in a broken idea, what the paragram was talking about. Powerful, so powerful. To think how it will affect a Virtual Table Top Game when all the text is translated via google! Talk about knocking on market doors locked by language barriers.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick