Roles: the most important part of RPGs and in Life

Roles. When I was trying to create a solution in a simplified answer in gauging economic status for a game I was overwhelmed by the simplest of answers: " what is your economic role?". It was this question that allowed me to sum up all the valuable labor (chores), non-primary income generating activities, and the ability to make most of a "family's" economic decisions. In the game, it simplified a lot and answered just as much.

Then I thought, why not take that question much farther: "What is my role..." In my job, In my family, In my friends, and in my own plans? It may not be really important, but when you come from a background that deals with a lot of fantasy, where everything is suspended in nothing and exists for no particular reason, you see how the answer is very important.

I didn't realize how, in external POV role was very important. I can summarize many complicated attributes in a few simple Roles. Roles automatically define relationships and the various aspects of it. Roles function in a kind of "cause and effect" system when one considers their relationships.

Answering the questions of Roles is important in a few things that makes life for me easier.
I can play the role others want me to play, I can work on the role I want to play. I can Identify the many roles I already play and how they conflict. I can understand where my strengths and weaknesses are in relationship with the role. I know what Roles work well with my own. I know where my act ends, and that of where others begin.

Tomkat. Hey Guys, Thanks for the support. I'm taking the effort to control my excitement till you guys get here. No point getting worked up until then :lol:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick