Slowly getting ready

A game is a far priority for me. Especially since I have no players. Actually I'm planning to buy the Torque Game Engine when I find the time to tinker with it and immerse myself in game design proper. So far I'm trying to make an effort to get into the game mindset.

When I prep the game, I don't really have any players but I know do want to run a game (for old times sake). I want to run Dark Age medieval, either the Crusades with Alexius/Alexoi. I've read up enough about the crusades, thanks to Thomas' gift of a whole book that details it and I have a huge reserve of material and sources of extras.

The audio books I've been listening to has helped maintain some of my narration skills. In terms of organizational skills and story, my knowledge of the matter has not changed much but is way more than sufficient. I have to admit that the preparation I make borders on true passion and I have to say only few other GMs I know study so hard and they are scattered in europe, australia and the midwest. Specifically in organization, I've improved much. the DnD4e books Gaspar got me, helped reinforce priorities as understand more about player expectation. Truth be told, it is ALL about Expectations and understanding that has helped me both in the career I am striving for and my games in the future.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick