Lists of things to Do and some news


Arj is coming back! last week of November. I'll prep a GURPS game for him and the guys.

Andre is coming back as well! December!

Bring Coffee Machine to Work on Sat.

Reformat Desktop. The Adobe CS3 Trial version has a huge installation bug!

Running. Needs some core exercises


Escapist vs Simulationist. I've had a talk to Rick and it does come up that I'm a hard core simulationist and the Anyong group is a hard core escapist group. I'm part of a simulationist group too, Daboyzhut is mostly simulationist... and it kinda figures... all of them are professionals. Combat Team Omega, my other group, are airsofters and those who game are simulationists as well.

I can't help but see the personality pattern in simulationists... that they want challenges and want to hone their troubleshooting skills. Compared to Escapists which are more of the Arts kind and , unfortunately, i have to admit, are flightier and have less solid ground to base their standards on. Since they deal with fantasies, they are swayed by the trends of fantasy from the media they are exposed to.


REAL Game Design. Its not the stuff that GMs peddle. When you leave your GM notes and work towards a real computer game, with the sophistication you expect or you're used in PnP RPGs, Real Game Design makes GMing look like baby's gruel.

I'm in over my head... but so are all those who are trying to do well and live the dream in this industry. Thats just life. From what was an escape, gaming has become the reality I'm working towards. What was game design before this is EASY and for those who have no ambition... this ball game is for the big boys.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick