Been Very busy

A foreign Principal is arriving this week. We don't know when this week but we have something to worry about cause we are not yet done. I don't what the deadline is exactly but I have a feeling its too close for comfort.

Other than that, Thats pretty much why I've been too busy to post. Thankfully, I still keep a journal to write down my thoughts the old fashioned way. Although, I'd rather air it out so that I can have the mental reassurance that somewhere someone heard what I had to say despite how aberrant and usual the urge to vent was.

Mahadlika. Anyway, got back to working on the comic. The amount of time that passed was enough to let things sink in and a new level of maturity and understanding lets me critique my harebrained ideas of unemployed self. My continous understanding of history and the circumstances surrounding it continue to alter my perception. History is like drugs, expands your mind in ways that challenge your previous perception.

To leave or to stay. What has gotten me to stay in the phillippines was the hope that things will improve, that we as a people can find a way to work together and uplift us from the poverty that leaves us ignorant, weak and oppressed. Learning what I have in the time between this post and my last, I feel that Its too clear to ignore... the situation is terminal.

I didn't say hopeless because that would indicate an emotional assessment to what I've been seeing. Objectively and accurately, this country situation is terminally perpetual and will never have the means to close the gap between rich and poor. History has been trying to tell me, I just choose to ignore it, but in the light of having a family in a couple of years I have to ask myself "What kind of world will my kid grow up in?".

I love my country but i can't kill the killers who murder the journalists and activists so freely. I love my people but they don't seek to change the status quo. I love out history but we never seem to learn from our mistakes. I want to end this cycle, an I do this by finding a better life for my children's future. Culture, Nation and Family are important but the Future can have a different set of values, values that don't stop them from achieving happiness from their own merits.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick