too much to do

I will be having my saturday at work. I'm learning as I go biped animation and I've been stumbling a lot. Its Wednesday and I expect not to finish on time. It is around 30 something seconds worth of animation that would be looked at close up... so I feel the pressure.

Dealing with Clients. Clients are a fickle bunch, they want to make their money go far but want more than what they already negotiated. Our french client was at first satisfied with our progress, then came back on monday to complain about the progress. The Director and the General manager had to pull the contract up and cite the agreement that it would be paid per project and upon successful completion of objectives.

We completed the objectives, I just wondered why the client didn't seem to recall the same objectives and was disappointed. I am pretty fearful about the prospect of having to chase people to pay for the work they comissioned.

Horror stories from my parents have gotten to me. Especially about the bit that San Miguel Beer doesn't honor contracts because they have a lot of pull in the government and can delay hearing for years. Something about being stuck with the bill of several millions in office furniture. We end up getting our property from these clients who pay in kind. Mom says you'll be surprised who can't pay or wont.

Our worst acquisitions of property are cars since they depreciate so quickly and are so hard to sell.

Being a small fry makes it even harder to chase them and its better to cut your losses.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick