Gaspar's Reply

Well i got his reply and it seems he is staying in the US. Oh well, at least I tried.

Anyway, about work. I'm getting better and I've been given a lot of tasks because I've been finishing them on time. Not because of skill but more because nothing screwy has been happening to the computer.

Of course then there is the matter of self study and trying to figure out things by yourself before asking help. Its not like we're kids and need to be spoon fed the information *ahem*. Asking about stuff is the easiest way to learn something... but not that good in the long run. Experiences of frustration and the act of problem solving does imbed skills much deeper in one's mind than just asking someone whenever you hit a bump. Anyway, I'm a 3d Artist and I should know my sh*t. What kind of artist would I be if I didn't know my own tools?

Maya vs 3ds Max. I've been having some problems with rigging. I talked to jun and he tells me maya just paints the the "weights" on the model. What!? People say 3ds max is the best but I didn't encounter anything in the tutorials that would make manipulating Weights on the Obj surface as easy as painting.

Another thing that gets me is the object mapping paint tools in Maya. It has the standard stuff in Graphic Alteration software like GImp or Photoshop.

Funny Discussion. .




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick