Work Problems and Random Thoughts

Thanks for the congrats Thomas and Pat. Its not a perfect dream but it will do given the circumstance.

Work circumstances. Right now I'm having some computer trouble, this 1.8GHz, 1gDDR, IBM thinkcentre(C) computer is very unsuitable for work so I'm kinda forced to do some stuff at home. When the work program crashes all the time and having no productivity getting done I feel scared for my job. It makes me look lazy when i have to make computer excuses. I wish I knew it couldn't take it BUT my computer at home has roughly the same specs and is cluttered with viruses and fragmented disks but could still do the job I'm doing now. I don't know why its that BIG of a difference in performance... (maybe its the video processing problem with the screen size (1600 x 1050) but if I go smaller its screws up and I cant access some options... hmmm

The Garage Band Game Programmers. To produce a game around the quality that would attact enough international support like Mount and Blade you would need a garage band of programmers: The lead Programmer, equivalent to the lead guitarist-he/she will be doing most of the programing, mixing between several other disciplines needed for the game. These disciplines are: Physics, Audio, User Interface, Graphics, Artificial Intelligence, Input, and possibly network programmer.

Guys not only have to manage their time and achieve small presentable projects that can show stage by stage progress for investors but have to be very motivated and willing to dig out of their own expenses to make things work. Same goes for the Graphics guys who must be able to Animate, Model, render and tinker with the Graphics programing.

I guess I'm with the graphics guy, who is technically the front man because of the visibility of the role. I'll try to learn Graphics programming and Audio programming since I have a background in both. Doubling also as the teaser trailer guy who will try to make that whole thing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick