UVW mapping

Its hard... I mean really hard. It takes a ton of time and I'm surprised it wasn't covered back in school. I'd understand why its much easier to do high tech scenes since there arent much in texture and materials but going realistic and gritty its a nightmare to make stuff.

Anyway, I'm figuring it out as I go along. I Understand now that professional game modelers usually take a couple of hours to model a 700 face object in detail. Its an interesting thing to learn and a good standard to set when modeling stuff. Budgeting my time and having several goals in place should make this go pretty fast.

I was modeling the beowulf and learned that I really need to change my screen. Its just too small and mapping just takes too much space.

I know I have to start learning the hot keys. Its just pretty hard learning all the hot keys of Photoshop, Illustrator and 3ds Max and not accidentaly mixing up the three. :(

I'm hitting my 30s by 2009, but before that arrives I got to be a an expert modeler, if not animator. Given motion capture and creative scene direction I may modeling seems to be a more important stage to get through.

But, damn it I need a job.

Maybe after all this and a year of work (if the job isnt that great) I'll go to teaching the basics in CSB. There are a lot of things that need to be taught and I think 3d graphics shouldn't be just 9 units... I think it should be 36-54 units. Even what I have covered now would be more than 18 units and would require twice the number hours just to get certain projects off the ground Then there are the Game Engine Programs I need to learn :( WTF. Learning doesnt stop after school, too bad you don't have enough time to learn other things with what the job needs.

Then there are extracurriculars, I could use some OJTs to do the modeling for Mahadlika, I don't mind giving the extra hours to teach as long as I get projects of the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick