Headache

demoralizing. I saw the job openings for 3ds max people and it seems they prefer young people 25-28. Anyway i didn't let that get me down, I was working on the beowulf and figured out some kinks in 3ds max. I don't know why people go through the trouble of learning Maya? I mean learning max is hard enough but Maya? Not to mention that no one pays more for having learned both.

Since 3ds Max is the Game Standard and has been around longer, I'll just stick with it. Anyway I'm supposed to learn game engines next. Do they expect me not to have a life that I would have time to learn to do everything in Max and Maya and a Game engine? Then there are the ton of game engines around.


Colon trouble. I'm at the age where you can get it and its common enough, and I'm sure enough of you guys know what I'm talking about. Anyway, Its sucks having to stop reading in the toilet and really count my fiber grams per day. I'll try those other fiber drinks as well, you can not have too much fiber (since I certainly can't get enough of it in my food).

Running Games. Ever since my falling out of GURPS, I've not been tinkering and it has made me more productive. Although these days you can find me researching alot about 19th century Philippines: specifically agriculture. Since I learned a good deal about Medieval Agriculture I have realized a great deal about how things worked then and have a better idea of how people lived in 19th century phils.

One thing is that even if the Gobernadorcillio was paid P24 annually (effectively P2,750 a month in 2006 Pesos) he was still considered part of the Clase Media and equal to the status of people who paid around P50
(effectively P70,000 in 2006 Pesos) in property taxes. Which means he must have a lot of other income which does not fall in the monetary type.

In medieval economies, the manger of a village is a bailiff and the equivalent of the gobernadorcillio in many ways. He a share of the tithes and taxes, which are in kind, and there is no surprise if the gobernadorcillio a lot of property in kind. Then there is the amount corrupt or enterprising gobernadorcillio can earn.

There are many misrepresentations in the basic history book of Agoncilio which should be related to the layman. As a gamer, translating complex ideas to laymen is part of the job. A farmer may be paid 1.5 reales
doesnt say much compared to saying that they were paid effectively P250 in 2006 Pesos when our minimum daily wage is P300. Not so bad when you consider how much a farmer may be able to earn in cash, but terrible when you consider how much his labor is worth when he is drafted during harvest season and when a village is depopulated of its male population during this season.

Anyway, Still trying to look for a copy of Roots of Dependency, which is an out of print book published in the 70s on the study of 19th century agricultural conditions. From the base I can formulate/ or get an idea of how everything may look like. Not to mention have the material i need to abstract the basic economic unit: the village (not the family) for game purposes.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick