Duplex, One word that can mean so much in Laserjets

If your laser printer does not have this ability... You run the risk of damaging your printer.

Oh fuck.

Anyway, we bought a new printer, the Epson C79 even with the Continuous Ink Supply is not worth it because of the Printer Head life of the Epson C79 is roughly a 1-2000 pages. So even if you can print DIRT cheap no one honest can fix your printer (Don't get it fix in shopsvile arcade in GH, its a scam the guy only knows how to unclog your printer head which you can do yourself) and the printer head chip is 90% the value of the printer... you end up buying a new printer.

We then go the CSX-4200, now its a GOOD printer but without DUPLEX (manual or automatic) you waste a ton of paper. I'm pretty frugal and like saving paper (and indirectly the environment), but more importantly I'm pretty obsessive compulsive and I like printing Back-to-Back. In like making little booklets, double-sided cards, and reusing scratch paper for test prints.

It (SCX-4200) has good stats except for the P4000 toner refil (which will be soon since your first toner is only 1000 pages) for 3000 pages at 5% coverage. Its comfortable despite my printing desires which makes me want to produce some B&W comics, rules booklets etc. but the biggest kicker is the LACK of duplex. I hate seeing a wasted page. Oh well, maybe we should get 60-70gsm paper instead :(

I'm looking for accessories or helpful hints that may help. One thing that I think may help is to actually cool the paper to a point that it will not heat up as fast as it would since the heat is only used to apply the txt and the paper getting warm is a side effect not integral in the process... thats just a guess.

So, in theory, if I cool the odd-page side papers in air conditioning or in the freezer and feed it manually I may just be able to prevent the creasing. Of course I should Iron the pages I've just printed to see how much does the heat effect the powder. If a cooling down and time can better infuse the powder on the paper so that it won't stick

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick