Expectations.



Sci Fi. I know what you mean about artificial gravity, I meant the thing they use in interstellar hard science ships. Traveller is pretty hard sci but the gravity plates and the myriad reactionless thrusters just get to me. Its like me playing fantasy or watching starwars, there are a bunch of BLEEPS that flash "WRONG" when I see it.

Like in Starwars episode 2 where the Jedi storm in to save Anakin etc. for beings with INCREDIBLE forsighte they're DUMB as bricks. Modern military tactics and wisdom just marks alot of decisions in red (Not just the creative ones). CLone ARMIES, why not RAT armies. Why clone a HUMAN when a race similar to rats would be more effective as Grunts. And the losses to the Jedi, the cost to train a Jedi compared to a simple soldier stretches my suspenders of disbelief. Its like a kid plugging 110 into 220, its all the same to a kid but its going to screw with his hard ware plenty.


Hindsight. B171 your base skill measures your odds of success at an "average" in a stressful situation where the consequences of failure are significant. Eg. Battles and chase scenes, Races against the clock, situations where your health, freedom, finances, or equipment is at risk.

Its a quote right under my nose. Just at the beginning of the skills chapter.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick