today... is another day

Work. Finished the Equipment packages. With that done, I'll be rounding off the Soldier NPC templates and cleaning it up. Then will work on the Main Character creation aid. Trying to remember to keep it all short and simple. If people want more detail, Wiki it, Google it or find a book about it.

Gaming. This is a long dry spell... even if I'm offering basic gurps fantasy. A guy summed it up in the boards: People don't want to leave their comfort zone. Its ok, its just don't know how to change my situation. What a strategy game taught me is look at the current trend and look for a way out of it. Did that, been try to meet people online and actually stooped to a new low going to these "meets".

Its hard, I'm getting less and less into it. I don't know how long this will last. There is gotta be a group out there (or just one more person) out there who needs a GM. Although I just need 2 players open to it. Anyway, planning to run Harkwood next time, since the Real world isn't as interesting for a lot of people (I guess thats why its called escapism). Although given my readings, I can actually run the 1st crusade, and I've just got to say THATS an interesting era.

Savaran. which is a Sassanid vassal warrior, aka a knight. Finished winning with persia and DAMN. I thought generals were a big deal, i ended up using them to make academies than warlords. What really helped was the settlers discount and organized religion. At half the cost of production, in the begining of the game, thats 25 turns instead of 50 for a settler. Thats securing the KEY resources of a continent, especially those that are very rare (like in my game horses, and there were no elephants).

Both horse resources are in the far ends of the continent, and even at great risk, I ventured a settler to capture it. With with religion I was able to culture blossom and gain a good number of great people. With just the basic tips I am surprised of how effective it became. I accepted that no matter how high the friendship rating (like +12 or +14) there is no way they will offer tech.

I beat my previous score, which means I improved a lot despite the difference of strategy. I realized also that Financial is still one of the most simple to use advantages and therefor one of the most powerful. As it affects research early in the game it becomes a real edge as you keep that advantage. Combined with organized religion early on, you have a winning combination.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick