Making Deadlines for Myself.

1st step to being more productive: DEADLINES and sticking to it.

Posting this will shame me from slacking off
.
Just got home from abroad and fixing up my sched, but I'm excited to say that I'm slowly but surely working on my own gurps contribution as my pet project and part of my graphic portfolio.

Design consideration.
-A setting Lighter than Banestorm, heavily combat oriented, a historical setting since 3rd ed, higher ART ratio than traditional gurps books.
-for Newbies and Educational (not wordy).
-Cutting down the amount of options of ease of use.
-A lot of page references to help breeze through the use of Basic Set.
-Using "unofficial" armor weights based on the armor sets from research sources (will cite in bibliography).

Whats been done so far.
- A 6 page comic that introduces the reader to the State of the Empire at 527AD and... Progress: inking in progress 10% so far
- ...A 12 page comic explaining GURPS combat . Progress: script done, first 6 pages sketch done.
-...Write up of all the factions, setting over view, VIPs taken from History of Wars of Procopius and other historical sources. Progress: basic write up going through revisions, Obscure NPCs and Locations research in progress. Progress:20%
- 21+ NPC templates built according to power level, easily customizable, each with art, Progress: Art in progress 10% so far
- 9+ PC templates, Progress: 20% so far
- Includes Random Character Generator (done).

Not yet Finalized.
- House Creation Tables. Allows to create a Patrician or Equestrian house, complete with economic, political and military powers inspired by HARN.
- Mass Combat Cut Outs. (don't know if I should go 10mm or 30mm scale).
- I'm planning to compile my game notes concerning both Strategikon, Vegetius's writings, and my own GURPS mass combat system (how to use gurps system into an fast and easy mass combat) to work with the Byzantium booklet as a Warfare guide for the high fantasy addled young gamers.

By Mid July.
1st Comic Inked
By August.
1st Comic Colored or 2nd comic also inked.
History of Wars Research completed
-If Budget allows, comic cleaned up or detailed with help.
By Sept.
All NPC art Finished (at least all inked B/W)
NPC Write ups Finished (at least have gone through 1 revision)
-If budget allows, all NPCs art will be colored.
-If budget allows edited.

Thats as far as I can see.

Things I'm sure I'm gonna do but not sure when.
-Equipment Art (thank you Osprey)
-Horse Detailing and Art
-Peoples and Dress (thank you Osprey)


Objective.
Show case Filipino product and quality, in the Traditional Gaming industry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick