Its too damn hot :(

Its F*cking hot. Its been so hot lately, it can be bad for my health (hygiene specifically).


Work. Got on the byzantine comic. Worked at it till work was the only thing on my mind to a point of thinking about anything else hurt. It annoys my wife when I'm at my concentration lock. I can't think of anything else and it hurts to think of anything else. Its hard to come out of it, short of doing something terribly unproductive like playing computer.


Its hard to get that single minded mindset to have a piece of work done. Even if I'm exhausted, the thought just keeps cycling through. Despite how helpful it is to my work, it devestates my social life. It makes me irritable and unreasonable. Its one of those ironic trade offs the big G has all off us. If i work really hard, I become an asshole, it I slack around I'm a nice guy. The thing is, I want to work and nice guy can't put food on the table or amount to much.


Anyway...


Lessons. The artist that teaches me the most, (through observing his works) is strangely a filipino artist. Chamba Cruz is a prolific comic illustrator and is not shy showing his process. Of course, even if you know his process, not many professional have the level of practice and skill that he has. He seems to just keep working all the time. If he's not working his drawing commissions, if not that he's experimenting. Wow, i wish i had that amount of energy.


GURPS. My new hobby is dreaming of running games. Basically I've been making gaming aides during my weekends. Made one for a GURPS Darkages. Fixed up some tables to allow for people to roll for random disadvantages. It was pretty hard, but thankfully i took out the ones that were beyond realistic or difficult to explain or fit in a realistic setting (despite being reasonably realistic).


A GuT. Got one and been trying to work it off. Its not like I need to work out, although a circulatory and aerobics will do wonders for my blood pressure, I don't want to gain to much body mass to have to maintain it or will make me eat more. Less is good and coffee and small snacks can offset hunger while keeping calories at a low.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick