Progress

2 worlds. Began work on 2 maps. The Mahadlika map and the Eas map. these are huge maps and they tend to slow my computer terribly. Maps have a lot of complications, their problems with scale and detail tend to limit a lot of their creation options.

I have semi-ambitous plans with these maps. I've been researching in the amount of physical detail i'll be trying to illustrate. I want as much detail as possible (as a GM) at the same time I want it to be very immersive aesthetics that will make it's reader curious about each of the locales.

Work. As part of my portfolio, I've also begun preparations for a CRPG proposal based on the style of my favorite games: Sin Meier's Pirates, Mount and Blade,
and Darklands. Beginning with Darklands game play, considering the cost of game engines, story line, complexity and detail of a good "sand box" setting, and the possibilty of a low end MMO upgrade. Anyway, its just a proposal and all the material is reusable as a Table top RPG.

Painting techniques. Worked on some paintings again and I've been experimenting with different techniques. If you look closely in all the other tutorials you find in painting, there aren't any good ones. they all tell you BURN and DODGE tools in PS. If you look closely at the works, you realize that this is *SHIT* compared to the quality you see in professional illustrations.

I've realized that digital painting techniques (for realistic/ not cartoons) are self studied techniques that artists shouldn't part with. It would cripple his career if a bunch of guys started using hard learned techniques they just copied. In the point of view of a illustration teacher, you have to help the student develop his own technique by giving him the right exercise and to focus on the mastery, development and practice of fundamental techniques. Anyway, give the tools to someone who doesn't know its true value wouldn't make the tools do their job as well.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick