My Open Letter to Every Filipino

To my Fellow Filipino,

This is my reaction to the current events and the open letter circulating:

First ask yourself, who is suffering the most in these times? Now, who benefits the most when “good men do nothing”?

There are those who will leave and they will make a better life for themselves somewhere else. They will secure the future of their children and their children's children.

Then there are those who will choose to stay and they will make the difference. They choose to stay, not just for their own sakes or their children's, they stay for their fellow man. They stay so that jobs will be still be there so people can uplift themselves, that companies can continue to run with trained professionals to depend on, and that others will do the same and attract business and investments for the country.

Let's not let history repeat itself. The years preceding the Philippine revolution, many saw the same abuse and corruption and fled. Where are they now? When the revolution erupted, we saw a self-schooled laborer from Tondo and a captain from Cavite lead the revolution, aiding them a few skilled professionals who chose to stay: a handful of illustrados and a few of laborers. Who are they now?

I may be able to give my children a good future in another country, but I feel I can give them a better future when I stay to help fix the country of their grandparents, their great grandparents and all those who came before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick