Niko Noted Events

Last night and the night before Niko actually liked snuggling up to his dad, so I've got to put this down. the last time he did this was when he was much smaller about 1 year or less. Normally he would snuggle up to his mom, but today and yesterday was a surprise. Maybe because of how cold it was, my added weight is making me harder to cool down.

I couldn't just leave the bed. That night when I pulled out my arm under him he woke up and sat up. 




  • He likes "Jump High" and asks me to toss his 30lb up  - he is my weight training (like seriously counting the reps per toss)
  • he can read a bunch of words because of Endless Alphabet
  • he can write egg on the key board to look for Kinder Egg Surprise 
  • he seems to get sorry, when we appologized after the hair cut he couldnt look to my eyes and had that ADD look of not caring but didnt feel ill towards me that night after the traumatic hair cut. Parents were giving me bad looks for what I did, F*CK them. 
  • I don't give a shit or tell them how to parent, if they can't ephasize my situation or strategy then they can go f*ck themselves. 
  • had a long talk about friends and father strategies - I really can't hit niko even if its light and more of that I don't have the guts and the mental ability to see that far, I don't want to ever fear me, I'd rather he feel that he can always talk to me about anything and he never hide anything from me and I will always judge him on the merits of his actions and give him a chance to explain. I think genetically by my programming and that of my wife, our offspring can be nice people without need of punishment. Remembering how I felt when being physically punished I realised I was unreasonable BUT I could be bargained with... I cannot be bribed but I can be left to suffer consequences that taught me something... its too ambiguous even to word but I guess its really complicated and he will be able to overcome his own negative instincts if he takes after either of us. 



Terrifying Haircuts. A difference in parental philosophy, mine is to grapple him tightly to get it over and done with quickly OR cut his hair myself while he is in the bath and doesnt seem to mind or while he's asleep... of course cleaning up is a problem. I had a 5km run after this so I really really was tired after yesterday and everything hurt more than it should. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick