Been Busy; Writer-ing

So I've been busy for all over the place.
Other than work, I've been busy with the trip to Hong Kong and Setting up my little biz making gaming material. I've inquired in SJ Games and Set up an Account in drive thru RPGs.
I have most of my outlines dictated during those long car trips to work and back. So I've a wealth of material and an overwhelming amount of work to do.

Quotas and Outlines.
ORPGS. The first project is to finally release my open RPG system. Which I will simply name, Open RPG System. Its going to be around 30,000 words long, and would be hosted in both layouted PDF form using the LibreOffice and a Wiki will be hosted. This will take me about 2-3 months, realistically, if I'm able to maintain concentration.

Modular Material; foundation for Adventures. Next is the setting material. I've broken it into Ancient, Modern, and Future Era settings. I'll draw on the wealth of material i've already done and enhance it some more. Again these will all be using the ORPGS system in both organization and logical order.

finally the Adventures and Tools. the adventures, the maps, and tools are what I'm really going to be selling. The ORPGS is just a tool to allow me to convert these toolsets into any game system. The wiki is going to have all the game systems from the major markets and how to convert current rule-sets.

I understand my chances and what is out there in the market. The tools are there really to bring down the preparation time for GMs and to move towards a lower barrier towards RPGs. The logical Order of elements is what I'm trying to further develop with my game tools. Under the design philosophy it is easier start measuring performance as one GM improves over time.

Another aspect of the tools is the modularity of the RPG, allowing it to move towards a board game: allowing for  civilization (economic, biz, or infra) or tactical style of play (individual units to mass combat).

It tries to make all expectations and activities efficient, without affecting various narrative and descriptive styles.

very long term.
Simulations and Enhanced Case Studies. for learning methods, ORPGS is really a learning tool for a lot of things: negotaitons, accounting, business, operations etc. It is taking the Case Study and making a game out of it.
Global Gaming and Micro MMO. The infrastructure, tools and materials, can all synergize to make a Global gaming Virtual Table Top tool. The Micro-MMO, allowing the GM to have the shared resources to create their MMO to run their games. The Mirco-MMO allows the creation of that GM's own world and make it "Living" so that people can adventure in it. He can also create a compensation/revenue generation method and ways to bring in more service providers at low cost (Outsourced). 

I know with me, there are seasons for these things. And I hope things allow me to go on writing and developing this. The nice thing about having a real and day job is that my not heavily invested in this; if  this succeeds great (including all degrees of success) if not, its ok I had great time and I learned a lot.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick