Trust and Competence

These are two attributes we tend to rate people we work with. When these ratings fall below the level of tolerance in a company, this means that person needs to move on. 

In my experience, I find few highly capable people but we always find a good number of people we can trust. Trust or Social Norms, is a commodity that I'm more familiar with. Social Norms is a very huge area, but I got the hang about most of the humanist side of things and why such practice tends to be very rewarding. 

Opportunities will always be there, and ways to bring the skill level of the people you can trust (and who will reciprocate the loyalties) can always be improved. Trust is something that once lost, can never be recovered. 

Its easier to optimize a business where all the costs and expenses are minimized and the productivity maximized  People are another matter, than to main a real positive and healthy relationship with others. You can't game them like a machine because they can eventually spot a fake (unless your really out of it). Most of all, relationships take time, a turn over that isn't as predictable as one of the many projects at work. 

I would rather be trusted and have loyalty as an asset. Once you have trust and loyalty (which has its own cost), competence is points in a long and more fruitful journey. Anyway, at the rate I and the people who are on my team are going, we are growing together. 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick