Explaining how complicated life is

I had to explain to my brother why we cannot just force people and take stuff that is rightfully ours. He was not happy about the explanation and resents me for it. He clearly hates these peoples who have stolen from the company, worse is the how they manipulated people to get what they wanted.

ex. is how someone used cleaning cost of up to 150k and 24k, made someone in Finance as the payee and pocketed the money. Since the finance head was out to get what she wanted he got into the action by pocketing poorly documented transactions.

So my brother is pissed and can't do anything about it because the underlying problem is poor documentation. When the Finance head is in on it, its fairly easy to get away with the crimes. He has frustrations to channel and nothing much to channel it to except to forget everything or inaction.

I asked him to Imagine what will happen with the course of action he wanted to take: making enemies/ pissing-off people. I highlighted the prospect of getting no further cooperation. Then what happens in such things: falling apart: bills are unpaid etc. then grievous losses. Then Legal Action... then the time it takes for legal action to occur, and the cost and the opportunity cost.

My voice was raised, I don't know why, when I was explaining it all to him. although it was pleading to think through what will happen next with such action. I wanted him to visualize every step and what would happen. Because thats how all people should think, imaginnig what might happen for everything course of action they take.

What we want to happen is all a dream, because everything we do towards our objectives does not guarantee it (Induction). Even things that we can be fairly certain of, bias plagues us to see what we want to see.

I had to point out that focus on what he can do and let the experts take care of it. Admittedly I'm not an expert, my skills are far off tangent, all i have to offer is being able to make a logical conclusion on good information when it comes down to it. I'm neither a lawyer, auditor, paralegal, or technician. Back in 2008, I could answer 3d Max problems and how to work around it, much of that is forgotten now.

My coping mechanism is running back to my family and forgetting about the problems at work. Everyday there are so many problems that its so demoralizing. I don't want to remember what happened in my work day and I want to just forget about it all and have time with my family.

Its just dreadful to have to see what all these cheats and thieves have done and cleaning up their mess and potential spill over everyday. You get why Kings and Di's were so ruthless in exacting justice, some people are just outrageous in their callousness and avarice.

All so preventable if we had open our eyes earlier. My family background is blind faith and this is what blind faith gets you. Only behavioral economics: measuring actions and weighing the risk, temptations, characters, motivations and effort, is the closest to a scientific guide to watching one's back and solving these problems.

I envy regular people and their regular work. I wish that when I wanted to be a scientist I came from a background that appreciated it (my wife's family is a math family, her dad was a Math scholar who has a high government position). At least graduating a Technical background would have been sufficient. We could move to Singapore where that is valued and my wife would have no problem entering the finance career path and forget this kind of mess.

I wish I could write, or be a writer. Use all this fact hoarding to good use and write some series of epics to live well enough. But thinking of writing, I think the profession has a worse time scale than legal, because of the amount of reading publishers have to do.

Legal Time Scale.
At work, it takes Weeks to resolve things. Projects are measured in Weeks, because we have all these other requirements and duties we do. For Employees, time scale is Days (day to day problems), higher ups the problems are projects and pending issues that takes a week or weeks to resolves (week to week), legal matters given the courts and how the exchange on notices work and the need to thoroughly read through everything takes Months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick