I'm Troll Bait

It seems that I have a habit of attracting the forum trolls. I guess its harder to control the urge to call out someone's BS online than it is in real life. I admit that when I see it at work, I just clam up.

I guess that explains why I'm trigger happy when I a someone may be lying.

Anyway, I'm an Ekman fan now. I'm reading/listening to lectures on cognitive science, specifically the human mind, learning and all that jazz. My favorite topic to read about is being able to detect deception and motives. Strangely caring more about how people are thinking and what they want is becoming a very successful strategy for me these days.

I just finished the Birthday Giftcheck today with the purchase of Emotions Revealed, Second Edition: Recognizing Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life [Paperback]. My other readings seem to be prepping me for an adventure into BS detection.

Its not so much preventing from being fooled, but specializing at it since it seems to be where my strengths have become to fit in well.

unfortunately this means, I'll be seeing more of the stuff I've been blisfully unaware off and might have to develop a stronger method and procedure when I do realize I'm dealing with a con or troll. That means, as I evolve and grow, I'll have to get used to trolls and learn to pick my battles as well as deal with them decisively.

So, for now, I'm troll bait.

Oh by the way, the our Forum just caught a Whale of a Troll, thanks to Monk. He even fabricated an entire fake identity, fake blog, and everything. Check it out, its creepy and scary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick