Market Manila - Inasal na Manok / Bacolod Style Grilled Chicken a la Marketman - General

Market Manila - Inasal na Manok / Bacolod Style Grilled Chicken a la Marketman - General: "Marinate the chicken for about an hour (not much longer as the vinegar will have almost completely “cooked” the meat.)" What's wrong with the vinegar cooking the chicken? Doesn't that mean, if its cooked by acid, much of the moisture is still there and you just have to leave it in the grill a much shorter time?

As for achuete oil, it needs flavor. I know it doesn't really supposed to have flavor, but when I eat it I use it as a way to conduct the long red chili and add some more seasoning (sodium) to the dish.

I was thinking of dissolving a chicken cube into the oil. I'd like to add ginger, and chili. Then top with fresh raw shredded garlic (I began to like eating raw garlic because of Korean food). If I can only save this for other dishes.

Beef Yakiniku. I bought frozen Beef Yakiniku for 240 a kilo. Thats about half the cost of Bacon. Although it was American beef, It lasted it a large number of dishes. I'm growing to love beef fat over pork fat. The balance (i can't say taste because its to subtle) really reminds me of butter (it should be no surprise). I guess given the US beef scare, I'll have to get local beef. It costs up to 350-400, but it goes a LONG way and still cheaper and healthier than bacon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick