A complete Airsoft Gear Set

Thats my xmass gift for my bros. I've built up a complete military gear set. Its one of the few things that is much cheaper and bang for buck in the Philippines Compared to the states. Of course the problem is that my bros don't play...

It makes it a pointless gift. A guy I know, gave his cousin a freaking AK and his cousin didn't play. That AK will sell for as much as 4k in the market even as 2nd hand. The thing is I haven't given my brothers any kind of gift that was ever big or expensive. Mom raised us a bit on the miserly side. But airsoft, its one of the things that makes wake up early in the morning. trying to share that with my bros, the way we used to share RPGs is a worth while gesture.

In the end, since gifts are supposed to be something of a gesture and not just some utility I guess I fullfill that aspect of the action. Anyway, its not like we give each other gifts. This is one of the few things I feel strongly about. Anyway a BDU, complete with safety gear.

Its like when i took ranger training in UP. Its one of those things that lets me almost reach out and touch that childhood dream of being a ranger. In the moments I kick ass in airsoft, going out and risking my ass instead of holing up with everyone else in their defensive tactics.

We used to love RPing the 3 brothers, the bruiser, flanker and leader. It would be so kick ass to really be able to play a team again. With real tactics, athletics, stealth and cunning using our own humble abilities.

Talked to Mom. Talking about Gaspar, she agreed to extend an invitation for Gaspar to take a break and go back to the phils. I promised her I'll be the one to help him out and make him feel better. Gaspar is my bulwark of a brother, the most dependable of the 3 of us. He is dependable to a fault, I say this is that he hates asking for help or favors... he owns up to his word enough not to give it out.

Its about time he gets back and take a break.

Between the 3 of us, Gaspar has always been into modern and hightech weaponry. While I and Melchior were crazy about fantasy, Gaspar was into robots. Thats why he wanted to take up engineering. Yeah its a bit far-fetched, but a person will never know what he can do till he tries at a dream, despite failing and planting his face on cold hard reality.

Anyway, hope Gaspar takes the offer and takes the chance to go back home to find himself. I plan to let him stay with us. No obligations, no duties, no nagging, and especially no Dad. Let him figure what he wants, confusing him with guilt is what I want to remove from the equation.

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention. I finally got a Classic Army Glock17! Its a replica of my actual Glock17, a hand me down from my dad during the time we had a kidnapping threat when we won this government bid. One of the only ways you can get a permit to carry is if you have a genuine threat to your life. Thats stupid, but thats Philippine arms law. We still have one of the highest journalist killing rates.

Its supposed to help me train, so that I can join pistol games and when I'm too close to use my rifle. The FPS of my G3 will break more of the common uncertified goggles and BBs have a chance of splintering against wiremesh and still causing blindness.

Listening to Inception OST. Great Movie bythe way. One of the few movies I don't mind watching again... so many hidden details, what can you expect from the director of memento.

If Gaspar were to come back, I'd give him a AK add a Drum Mag and a li-ploy batt to x2-x3 the ROF. The AK pretty much looks like an RPK. I already have a custom fit Cadpat BDU for him and an extra Hydration gear. He will be playing the role his favorite GUNDAM: Heavy Arms. If he feels very inspired, he might try to practice his machining skills and reconstruct a Gatling gun with the materials in the plant.

I had a more depressed brother. When I asked mom, if she noticed anything with Gaspar she said he was more "sungit" which I think means he was taciturn. But strangely she tells me, if anyone is clearly depressed its Melchior.

Now Melchiors problem is something I can't solve or help in anyway. Why I help Gaspar and not someone who exhibiting more visible depression like Melchior is because, Gaspar doesn't open up and his is a bigger problem. Anyway, Melchior can always open up to his friends... and I'm not exactly a person who listens too... so I really can't help him. Its not like I'm washing my hands of the matter but there are other people he would rather listen too and thats not me.

Although it would be cool to have him in airsoft. He's still pretty athletic and would pick up very quickly. I'm sure he'll pick up my Captain's tactics and skill very quickly, he a genius like that. Melchior studying under my captain, that would be a sight. Of course then his friends would get into it... Arson Carlos and some of the guys getting into airsoft... It like highschool again, sparring and comparing techniques in the back of the school. Mel and Arson are quick studies, although I don't know if the thrill of the kill would and pwnage would be a strong lure to get them into airsoft.

Anyway, crossing my fingers Gaspar will agree.

What keeps egging at me is the memory of those bullies and I wasn't man enough to fuck Southridge and kick their asses. That was the memory bugging me the whole time, getting the balls to ask mom to let Gaspar go home. Heck I Made a freaking BATNA for the discussion!
The Emotional Intelligence for Dummies is really being useful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick