The Economy of all Actions.

What does Evolution reinforce among the limits of my understanding? It is another example of trade-offs in the economics of all things.

One of those traps I get into with a great Idea is the pit of possibilities I can extrapolate from it. It is easy to get carried away with ideas, especially since I consider my self a nerd.

My wife would point out how much I poke and prod ideas, by the way it occupies my language for a duration. Currently, I'm in my game theory phase. I've looked at everything with the game-theory idea of degrees of information perfection, bounded knowledge, signals, scanning, reactions, commitments, etc...

There was the time I was trying to look the principle of straw man argument the way people communicated even the most harmless ideas. Then there was there was the empirical principle and knowledge. I'm quite aware that I am a transparent rorchark test. I look for the patterns I want to see too eagerly.

I really can't help it, I am severly limited by my finite attention. If I want to incorporate a new skill, it has to be there, right in front of me, if I want it to be with me for the rest of my life. It has to be compressed and encoded in every process I do.

Again, the concept of Economy of all things is present in my choice behavior. I am aware again of the limits of my attention. I understand that it is not that we grow more absentminded, we just grow more cluttered. There economy of attention is a delicate balance, it requires from me a significant portion of my time dedicated to compiling all of my thoughts and simplifiying and breaking it all down to some robust and memorable formula and ingraining in everything I do.

What I mean by ingraining it is by making it part of my visual heads-up-display. The thought, no matter how taboo it can be for a situation, comes up when certain patterns come to mind along with other ideas.

Regular house-cleaning in my head can only be done old school: notes and writing. I don't think we can have something more effective and “economic” a method in the centuries to come.

Future of the human race?

Finishing the Greatest Show made me reflect much about human nature. When you break down our differences to mutations, and broaden the definition of what is human beyond its platonic ideal, what you have is trans-humanism.

As technology gets better, our ability to survive more and more negative mutations increase. If we had perfect technological application to our life expectancy then the only thing stopping us from living is our consciousness.


Who knows what mutation our scions will have in the centuries to come. Technology actually perpetuates negative mutations, the differences that make us all unique. The strange thing about mutations is that most are negative and we keep it in the gene pool as we allow more of us to survive.


A future where humans are severely physically dependent on technology is not a bad thing. I think it works as long as there is a certainty, sustainability and dependability on the pattern.


Mutations and Happiness.

Mutations has allowed humans to define happiness. A kid born with a negative mutation helped by technology to lead a fairly normal life, owes his happiness to the mutations that made Intelligence a powerful survival attribute.


Instead of the remnant animalistic urges that drive us to have families, fall in love, and yearn for the acceptance of society we have other options for happiness. Its not anymore bound by the biological aspect. Even now, given the level of technology we have achieved work and achievement for its own sake has evolved from a physical neccessity to a psychological one. Aspects of culture that channel our baser natures towards work and achievement, I think will have a big part in what constitutes happiness of future generations.


The immense capital needed to develop a human mind and the distance we have to go to give every individual the greatest amount of freedom and options to be productive and contributing will eat up a lot of the human race's time and energy in the foreseeable future.


This balancing off the distribution of opportunity and human potential would be something to look forward too in the future. Imagining a planet where the average range of opportunities fill up and perpetuate to create more opportunities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick